Tuesday 11 September 2018

Patterns

Rummaged through my old folders in my laptop to find all these patterns which I have simply designed to check the practicality of turning them into 'wrapping papers'. It can be linked to my old posts (2nd and 3rd photo) way back in 2013.

So, I never have pocket money when I was young. I had to ask from my dad whenever I need to use money - although he hardly said 'no'. At the same time, I always hope to give things out of sincerity, including the wrapping paper. That's how I come to this point. 

If you ever noticed, like most english music (sorry, haha), they (present papers) are repetitive. Why not design your own? It's really pretty simple. Follow these steps below:

1. Decide what you like most.

It can be anything! From images to shapes, even if it's just a line!

As a new example, let me just briefly show you how I would do it. 

I'm just going to use ordinary 'paint' software. The massive downside of using 'paint' is that I can't really do any rotations, so I will use keep it really simple.

2. Copy and paste
Paste it however you want! Either way, you will create different arrangements (= different patterns)

3. Print off 
Depending on what you use it for, print it according to the size you want on a quality paper. Patterns fading because of water is the last thing you want. If say, you are printing as an envelope, yes a thick paper is greatly recommended, but if it's for wrapping something, forget it. 



 A quick overview from instagram (@missbloopy). 

Step-by-step guidance on youtube.


Here's to a collection of my random old patterns and the latest (cloud) one. Feel free to download and print it if you wish by clicking the respective hyperlink below. 

Pattern 1. Arrows

Pattern 2. Circles

Pattern 3. Fish

Pattern 4. Hearts

Pattern 5. Stars

Pattern 6. Stripes

Pattern 7. Clouds












2 comments:

  1. Simple and clear instruction! seems doable! I'm gonna be your first follower <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I ever live without you. Thank you love <3

      Delete