Friday 21 September 2018

A game of Tic-Tac-Toe

Fun does not originate from flat screens only - missbloopy

Tic-Tac-Toe. A game which most, if not all, of the 1990's children have played. It's not something fancy or anything close to it. It's a getaway for children these days from ipad/phone/tv screens whilst having fun.

I have an odd habit of keeping my things the way it is, especially with the presents I received when I was young. Whenever I got the time, I would just take them out and reminisced about the time back then and later put them back in the box they came with. I would re-wrap it with its present paper and leave it at the same old spot where I keep it. I guess sometimes I just thought that those presents were too precious for me to use - although not all things are usable - but you get me! However, as the years go by, I view things in an opposite manner. I slowly found it wasteful if they were kept as display purposes. 

And I feel that it's the same with the gifts that I have given or will give to my friends. My mom used to say: 'Who's the unlucky one this time'. Well, that's my mom alright 😕, but it could have well been the actual thoughts of those who have received any from me. 😅

So, who am I aiming to these days with all these crafty ideas? The public of course! However, the real source of inspiration is young parents. I'm seeing more and more of my friends taking marriage vow and stepping foot into the world of parenting. *joy of tears* What I hope not to see most is that those glaring flat screens taking control of any child's life. 

I wish that my gifts could be something educational and at the same time fun. And that's how I came to this concept. This is actually my third one which I had in mind. The first and second - which I can't wait to showcase - are still in the process and will eventually be posted. 

Your tic-tac-toe can be just drawn on paper. I just wish to go a bit further by giving children a chance to 'build' the # structure and physically move Xs and Os about. Who knows one day they might just fall in love with felt craft. 😙 I also created the tic-tac-toe 'pack' below, so that young moms or dads or anyone could just print off and have fun with their children! You can even start training them to use scissors - must supervise at all times!

Click here to start your own felt craft madness and a game of tic-tac-toe. 
Note that the 'difficulty' was contributed by the size of the Xs and Os. It's really a 'pain' cutting and stuffing the 4cm x 4cm. Can't imagine doing 3cm x 3cm, but you can challenge it! Oh yes, definitely super lot of patience needed as they can be really monotonous. Imagine cutting 10 x Xs of the same colour and another 10 x Os. So, why not let your imaginations run wild here - give your Xs and Os a different colour or you can create patterns for them. Even cooler - who says tic-tac-toe must be Xs and Os?! 😎

I gave this to the little one at my 'home' for her birthday, thinking that I could finish sewing in a night, but apparently not! Partial thanks to work. 😒 Hence, I actually gave her a day late. *Oops*. I never got to see her play or open the present as I was rushing to reach workplace on time and she had to go to school too. But, it was rewarding to hear from her mom that they really enjoyed the game although she had 'fights' with her brother. Her mom: 'Little kids, they will just put their Xs or Os at their favourite spots and everything is fine until they found out they've lost.' Oh yes, this third concept has met its educational purpose - to train that little brain to think more! 

Actually, if you know this game well, there are only two ways to play it. It's either u win or tie the game, but shhh let's not spoil the fun. Let them discover the techniques to 'play' it their own way!

Future wise... Perhaps maybe working on Chinese Chess? 😂 I would say NAH for now. 

A video (@missbloopy) to show what does it mean by winning the game.
Haha, yes! I purposely filled all the gaps and make the O opponent looked naive. That's not the point! Just enjoy the video. 

*** Special thanks to my sister who has taught me the basics on using photoshop and another uni friend who has helped to install one in my laptop. It's been a while since I last used it. I can only say, more to come 😉. *** 






No comments:

Post a Comment